Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life in Abu Dhabi is peachy...maybe

It's August 4th, 2010 and I'm supposedly flying out on August 10th, 2010 and still have no eticket to Abu Dhabi, UAE. This is frustrating as you can imagine. I'm trying to be relaxed about it and go with the flow. Apparently this is how things go in the UAE; they say tomorrow and mean three weeks from now. Every statement is followed by Inshallah, which translates to "God willing". I know it will be rather annoying at first but that I will get used to it. The closer it gets time to leave the more excited I am. This adventure is what I've sought out my whole life. I want to see the world and am one step closer to doing so.

I'm still packing and for the most part I think I'm ready to go. I still need to download a VPN and force my friends to download Skype. I'm trying  to figure out if there's anything else I'm missing... I'm going to be a little low on cash coming into Abu Dhabi. I plan on skipping out on too much shopping and hope I can wear an abaya to school. That will help my pockets greatly.

I've spent years hating on this city and suddenly I find myself loving it so much. I'm starting to take in so much more and everything just seems brighter and more beautiful than ever. I need to take in a beach day this week. The beach is one of the few places that I feel at peace with myself and the universe. This Friday I'm having a farewell party of sorts. I figure I better make use of my last public intoxication. haha. When I arrive in the UAE it is Ramadan and there is no eating or drinking in public. The penalty for not following this could be a month of imprisonment or fine. No thank you. I'll soak in my freedom this week as much as I can.

<3

4 comments:

  1. Prison for eating or drinking in public? Holy shit. Good luck with everything. Make sure to update us as often as possible with lots of details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janett, I'm planning on being good about blogging. ::fingers crossed:: and Matt, I am not crazy...sort of :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will follow you every step of the way...not stalker like or anything like that! Although you will be 7835.8 miles away, I will be here for you whenever you need to chat! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete