Saturday, October 23, 2010

First Day of School!(An old post that I never got done editing)

 (In one word: chaotic.

I set my alarm and woke up at 5am, made a little breakfast, took a quick wake up shower, grabbed a bunch of teaching stuff and went downstairs to meet the teachers I ride with. I felt nervous but mostly excited. I had built up the day ahead of me so many times in my head that I was excited to finally have it and wonder no longer. Up until this point I had heard so many bad stories about the behavior of these students that I just wanted to get started instead of sitting around worried.

So when we get to the school, the first thing we saw was buses of little boys going into the school. The boys are required to wear kandoras which is the national attire of the UAE. They looked so cute. I could spot them already pushing and shoving each other off the bus, this was a nice sign of what lay ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment